Sunday 1 September 2013

Schwarzkopf LIVE Color XXL Ultra Brights Purple Punk review




I've had purple hair on and off since about 2009. I first got it done when I was at my mums hairdressers and it was done over a layer of blonde through my hair so the top layer went a dark plum colour and the bottom was an amazing kinda royal purple (?), is that even a colour. It was closer to blue than it was to pink and didn't have any red tones in it. I loved that, and the bottom colour is what I've been trying to find without going to the hairdressers. Everything else I've tried always is a plum pink colour, always got red tones in it. This was it back in 09.



So, onto the review. I finally saw this purple punk, and it looks an amazing colour on the box. Before I dyed my hair I had the whole ombre thing going on so I was aiming for dark purple on the top and bright purple on the ends for a dip dye look. 
You've to use this on damp hair, and rather than faffing about with the creme in a tube then the developer bottle, there was only one tube to deal with. It came out an electric purple, so bright, but my god did it stain everything it touched! Make sure you wear old clothes and stay away from everything!
I covered my whole head, and I think I left it in for about half an hour, maybe a bit longer and rinsed it all out completely. It takes a while to get it all out. When it was dry, I was a bit disappointed, it didn't make any difference to the top section of my hair, but to be fair it did say it would be best on bleached hair. I did think it was give it a bit of a tint in the light but nothing. 
The bottom section I really liked. It looked nothing like it did on the box haha but I still liked the colour. It's more of a pink purple and really really bright. The box said it's only temporary and lasts 6-8 washes. I'd say that was about right. It faded quite gradually but then one day I realised it was almost a peach colour and just looked ombre again. 
Overall, I wouldn't but it again, not purple enough but if I was going for a pinker colour then I'd definitely go for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment